North Somerset Mindful Therapy
Issues we can address:
We can offer assistance through counselling for the following:
* Anxiety, anger, and lack of self-esteem
* Depression and lack of motivation
* Trauma including combat stress, road traffic accidents, phobias, and domestic and sexual abuse/assault. abuse. (small "t" and big "t" trauma issues). * until July 2020, only taking EMDR clients with small "t" trauma.
* Relationship difficulties.
* Family work: difficulties with bullying, parental and child conflict, school or social anxiety, and family concerns in general.
Nancy has worked in mental health and social care for 23 years. Her area of interests include trauma, PTSD, attachment, impact of family separation, sexual, physical, emotional, and financial abuse. Her career has included work with older persons, adults, adolescence and children. Nancy has been a private and statutory psychotherapist, clinician, social worker and manager and brings this wealth of experience to the therapeutic experience.
Trauma & PTSD
Many individuals can experience symptoms associated with painful traumatic memories, that impact on all areas of their life. Anxiety, anger, fear, and hopelessness are a few emotions that can linger post traumatic events. We can help you overcome these symptoms and guide you through the process of grief and healing.
Relationships and Resources
Utilising your existing network and resources in your community, will assist you with recovery. Providing advice, guidance, and helping you determine how to meet your goals is a part of our service. Development of a therapeutic relationship is key to the process during treatment. This type of therapy may take several sessions to complete and in-between sessions you will notice further processing in the brain.